
Pappa Bear is either trying to snuggle or look cute enough so he doesnt have to take anymore meds. Tough luck Haven! You still have another week. My little sweetie has pneumonia. The new bunny vet has him on massive amounts of meds and we have been going for breathing treatments. He is feeling much better though and is fighting like crazy to avoid his medicine. We learned some new things at the new bunny vet. We liked her very much. I like to have 2 vets at all times for my bunnies and it looks like we are back in business.
I picked up a bunny this week for the rescue. She is a grossly overweight little rex girl. Never had her nails trimmed, doesnt look like she has ever been out of her cage and her "person" has been feeding her junk treats. I really want to kick some people in the face. We did her nails today at the rescue and she is soaking up the lovin. She already has the undivided attention of one of our new volunteers. Hmmm, you never know what could happen.
Its getting too hot already in Oklahoma. They are talking 100 temps. ITS TOO SOON FOR THAT! My flowers are feeling downtrodden and depressed about the whole thing.
Let me take the time to reiterate:
Bunnies cant survive these temps. Keep them indoors! Keep them indoors anyway.
Really? Do we still have to remind people not to leave their kids and pets in hot cars? It has already happened in OK. A 2 year old dead. Godammit how do you forget your kid is in the car?
Dont take your dog to the store when its 95 out YOU FREAKIN IDIOT! And when you strap your baby in their car seat remember to take them out when you get out.
Sorry, but this is just senseless crap.
Just like the oil spill in Louisiana.
10 comments:
Hope Haven recovers soon and hope your new bunny settles in well!
I love this picture of Haven. His fur is so nice and glossy. I like hearing that he is protesting the meds. Hard to imagine him angry about anything.
That news report about the little girl dying in that hot car made me ill and I can't get her out of my mind. The police believe the roomate should be charged with manslaughter. So be it.
With each new report of yet another landfall of the oil along the coast people's hearts sink further. It is a criminal act but it's doubtful anyone will do jail time for it.
I hear you sweet friend, some folks just don't have a brain, you wonder what is up there between their scalp and eyes!!! I SO wish we had rabbit savvy vets around here, the vet clinic I worked at for many yrs. has 5 Dr.'s and only 2 of them know *anything* about rabbits, but they are far from experts sadly! We don't have any rescues around here either, I'd love to start one but that would take some type of funding which is hard to come by in these parts:( Love Pappa bear & your pink nails and keeping Haven in my prayers:)
Soo relieved to hear that Haven is recovering, and I think it's a good sign that he's protesting the meds. That means he's feeling well enough to care.
About the people who kill their kids and pets in baking cars, how dumb can you be? Then again I wonder how many of them are really just that stupid and how many just don't care...
Hear, hear! You are absolutely right in every single way. Let's pray that people start actually using the brains that God gave them.
And, I'm sorry but I totally wish you could have kicked that bunny neglecter in the face.
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com
Here in AZ if you see an animal in a vehicle you can call 911 and the police will come immediately. (as for a 2 year old - that leaves me at a loss for words).
Bunnies should DEFINITELY not be out in any temps even close to 100 degrees. I had someone ask me on my blog today what we do with ours when it gets so hot. Well, for the most part they are inside anyway -- we only take them out to their outside casa when the weather allows. We are also extremely careful to watch the temps. Please bring your bunny inside people - you'll be so glad you did!
Oh, and I'm sending hugs and light to Haven -- I will keep that sweetie in my thoughts, and you too.
XOXO
Christina I want Haven to make a quick recovery and know he will with your help. Sweet photo! I know it must be summer, I see toe paint :)
I am at a total loss as to people that leave living breathing precious anything in cars. I have to say CH and I are pretty alert to that and haven't seen a situtation here when we are out and about.
Haven likes your toe nail polish I think ! Having a good vet or two is crucial, glad you found another goodie. We adore ours, even if she can be a bit sour, she loves dem bunnies :) There is ever so much unconsciousness in the world......stay cool.
I've been thinking of Haven and sending him love often, hope he gets rid of the infection.
Post a Comment