Sunday, June 20, 2010

Why is it so hot?

I havent been around much lately. I have missed visiting my favorite blogs. We have been without air conditioner for 8 days now. I am so angry it is probably making my house even hotter.

Last Sunday a power line caught fire in my backyard. It sent a surge to the house that blew my compressor. Monday I call the company that installed my compressor, its still under warranty.
They say they will be here Tuesday. Tuesday comes and I dont hear a word. I call in the afternoon. It will be Wednesday morning. Wednesday by noon, nothing. I call again and they send a very angry little man. He cusses and tells me He will have to "find" me a new compressor. They should have it Thursday. It is steadily getting hotter.

Nothing on Thursday, I call and leave messages. No return call. I keep calling. I finally get the same woman who always answers the phone. I explain that I take care of my elderly mother and my brother who happens to be blind and has a seizure disorder. Too bad so sad. They will be here Friday. By Friday afternoon I am in tears. Too bad, so sad. Nothing, not even an "We are really sorry"

By Saturday afternoon the heat index is 105. Upstairs bunnies had to be moved downstairs on Wed to try and keep them cool. They are suffering too. I called another company. They are pulling my warranty and are supposed to be here in the morning. Please keep your fingers crossed they are.

The rescue rescued me. Jeannie and Brad loaned me some window units Sat and it has really made a nice difference. I am so thankful to both of them.


I have never seen a company around here so callous. I will be filing complaints with the BBB and writing letters to the Chamber of Commerce and the mayor as well as the company's owner as soon as I find out who the hell it is. The woman that takes the calls refused to let me speak to anyone else.

I look forward to being back and checking out my favorite blogs this week. I just havent had the energy to get on the computer. I have a new respect for folks without air and will try and do something to help someone else out when this is over. I used to love summer but now I hate it with every fiber of my being. Does anybody give a damn about providing good service anymore?

14 comments:

Carmen S. said...

UGH! I'm glad to hear the rescue was able to help out,it seems its always the smaller places that get by on a shoestring who are more willing to "care" than the bigger places, but no, I don't think many give a damn anymore and it's a shame! Behind ya 100% on writing those letters!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Thank goodness for the loaners! I've never encountered such a callous attitude wrt a/c, but where I live it's considered an essential on a par with water and oxygen.

Good luck to you, that you get some help soon.

Lisa said...

No one cares about service once they have your money already. At my last job, (a law office), the AC would break down every summer. It would always take a week or two to get it fixed. We would try to explain that it's really inappropriate to tell clients they couldn't wear their suit to their closing, and would have to work in the dark, but they said tough luck we have hundreds of clients whose a/c is out this time of year.

On a lighter note, snuggle buns? Even when it's super hot? That's wonderful Christina! Congrats.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Customer service is shameful everywhere... one of my absolute pet peeves. So sorry you are having problems, but glad you are getting a little relief from the window units. Love the pic of the buns, though -- so sweet. I hope you get your AC prob resolved today and give that company hell.

Lavender Rabbit said...

We had the same problem with getting our AC fixed, we finally had to break down and buy a window air conditioner for the bunnies. They hated the noise, but the cooling air was nice. Good luck to you! Hope your AC comes back on quickly! and I hope the jerks you dealt with get a clue.

The Bunns said...

Customer service - 'tis a quandry. Good luck and I do believe complaining and complaining does get things working better.

Here most do not have A/C because we are usually fairly cool. But now and then it gets up to 90 and then we put a big block of ice in a pan, cover it with a damp cloth/rowel, and blow a fan slowly across it pretty much right at the bunns.

God luck with the care giving .. a job for a saint.

RG said...

Maybe call the manufacturer of that A/C unit and complain about their distributer. That might help.

Friend of the Animals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Friend of the Animals said...

Customer service is in the toilet. Just like our environment.

I just filed LOTS of complaints about Bank Of America. A company which belongs IN the toilet.

Sorry the heat is making you and the buns so miserable. Hope it gets better.

Christina said...

Thanks for the tip RG. Saint? Not hardly. Just cant turn my back on my family. My parents saw us thru thick and thin and thats how I will be with my mom and brother. Luckily they are both mobile and of sound mind. I on the other hand am just mobile. LOL

The air was fixed today! Thank goodness.

The Urban Cowboy said...

I feel for you, that really blows! Glad to hear you at least got a temporary fix until your unit get replaced...but 8 days! Here's to wishing you a COOL day!

Anonymous said...

That sucks...I hope you get your AC back soon...Are you in Arizona? It has been over 105 here too...I seriously hate summer...Seriously if you lost your heat it would suck...but you can wrap up in blankets...I hate summer...have I mentioned that?

Rural Rambler said...

Christina we have been in Kansas City a few days. I can believe this crap you put up with. My 70+ neighbor had been without her ac for almost two months-the compressor. Said they were hard to get. They did midway bring out an old unit and hook it up. They finally got hers in last week. I am glad you and the bunnies are cool now!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Oops...I left my comment in the wrong spot. Scroll down to the previous post. You'll see it there and it will make way more sense now that you know what I did.