Do rabbits lay eggs? Do you think my cat and rabbit had a baby together?
Huh? Seriously? And you people are worried about spaying and neutering animals...
10 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Christina, trying to catch a bunny that has been running loose in a neighborhood for who knows how long, is stressful for us and the bunny (s).....but that "egg" question from that woman and the look on your face and the moment of disbelief and silence from you was the best part of the day - no - the week - maybe the month! Great choice of pictures.
Yes Pix. A bit more to the story. Poor Christina got to the location of the stray bunny before I did and got to meet the woman first. Christina was tired and just needed to get home but she was concerned about the bunny as I was. I'm sure she is on her way home from work right now but will tell you the story.
There is more Pix. A person of questionable mental capacity has been phoning the rescue saying she had a bun running in her backyard (for several months) We agreed to capture only. We are always overflowing with buns at Heartland. When we arrived yesterday morning we discovered a very large female bun. She took about 10 seconds to "capture" (she has obviously been handled before) and we noticed she had been sprayed by a another bunny many times. We were concered that she might be pregnant or may have already had babies. A search turned up no signs of a baby nest. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she isnt with buns. When our director realized where the bun was going, (to a crazy person that CLAIMS to rescue bunnies) she decided to take her back to the rescue. As I was trying to make my escape from this loony bird she asked me if rabbits laid eggs. I was keeping tight control on my tongue and since our director had completely abandoned me to this crazy person, (you know who you are J) I quickly explained that bunnies had live babies and got the hell outta there before I kicked her in the face. It was suggested by an interested third party that I leave eggs on her porch. I wonder if she would bring them in the house and try sitting on them.......
The bunny girl is in wonderful shape thank goodness and is very sweet. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that she isnt pregnant.
Well, I don't know, the rabbit cat thingee sounds sort of intriguing. I do believe the offspring would have so much attitude they might be born (or hatched?) wearing a helmet and carrying an ak-47. :-)
I can just see the AK-47 wearing "cabbit" before my mental eye ... haha!!!! Love the egg quote and think leaving some eggs on her doorstep is a grand idea! She will surely call the rescue to pick up the "baby bunnies..."
10 comments:
Christina, trying to catch a bunny that has been running loose in a neighborhood for who knows how long, is stressful for us and the bunny (s).....but that "egg" question from that woman and the look on your face and the moment of disbelief and silence from you was the best part of the day - no - the week - maybe the month! Great choice of pictures.
OK! So there is more to this I see or hear or read?!
Yes Pix. A bit more to the story. Poor Christina got to the location of the stray bunny before I did and got to meet the woman first. Christina was tired and just needed to get home but she was concerned about the bunny as I was. I'm sure she is on her way home from work right now but will tell you the story.
There is more Pix. A person of questionable mental capacity has been phoning the rescue saying she had a bun running in her backyard (for several months) We agreed to capture only. We are always overflowing with buns at Heartland. When we arrived yesterday morning we discovered a very large female bun. She took about 10 seconds to "capture" (she has obviously been handled before) and we noticed she had been sprayed by a another bunny many times. We were concered that she might be pregnant or may have already had babies. A search turned up no signs of a baby nest. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she isnt with buns. When our director realized where the bun was going, (to a crazy person that CLAIMS to rescue bunnies) she decided to take her back to the rescue. As I was trying to make my escape from this loony bird she asked me if rabbits laid eggs. I was keeping tight control on my tongue and since our director had completely abandoned me to this crazy person, (you know who you are J) I quickly explained that bunnies had live babies and got the hell outta there before I kicked her in the face. It was suggested by an interested third party that I leave eggs on her porch. I wonder if she would bring them in the house and try sitting on them.......
The bunny girl is in wonderful shape thank goodness and is very sweet. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that she isnt pregnant.
Gawd, at least the year is almost over so the likelihood of some thing even stupider is minimal.
I am speechless. I am glad the bunny was captured into the arms of you Christina and Murph's mom! Hi Murph's mom! Thanks for the full story.
Fortunately this all happened yet in 2010. There is still hope for 2011!
Well, I don't know, the rabbit cat thingee sounds sort of intriguing. I do believe the offspring would have so much attitude they might be born (or hatched?) wearing a helmet and carrying an ak-47. :-)
I can just see the AK-47 wearing "cabbit" before my mental eye ... haha!!!!
Love the egg quote and think leaving some eggs on her doorstep is a grand idea! She will surely call the rescue to pick up the "baby bunnies..."
Love the photo! I hope you told them "Of Course, Rabbits lay eggs! In a variety of pastel colours. They taste just like chocoate."
Post a Comment