Sunday, January 23, 2011

Good Golly Miss Molly


This will be a tough story to slim down so just bear with me. For those of you who read Heartland's blog you may remember Molly. The rescues owners found her huddled in a pasture. She was afraid, hungry and needed some help. We posted her story to find her a forever home. Molly was spayed, given her shots, treated for fleas and ticks and was waiting patiently for a good home. A very shy girl, she would flinch if you moved your hands too fast. You can imagine why she would flinch.
Enter A and S. They are a mother and daughter team that visit the rescue and cant seem to resist taking somebunny home on every visit. They both have hearts of gold (as does their very patient husband/father) but S is an exceptional young girl. She makes your heart lighter just to be around her. She has a connection with animals like I have never seen. I think angels whisper secrets in her ear. I know she senses when one of our bunnies is thinking of going to the bridge and she made our Opa (you may remember his story as well) a very happy bunny for the short time he was with her. Their household has nothing but love for all these beautiful creatures. Their home is filled with dogs, cats, bunnies, and I think a little hammy and a horse. (horse lives outside, lol) The animals dont dare not get along. They wouldnt want to hurt S.
Molly and S fell in love the second they met. Of course they decided to take Molly into their home. They have been inseparable ever since. Molly would take on a pack of wolves for S and she almost did the other night. By the way the vet thinks Molly might be part Basenji. She has trouble barking and there doesnt seem to be another explanation for it.
Dad has been out of town on military duty (Thank You Dad!) and A and S have been home alone. An intruder tried to break in the front door last night. They have two very large dogs in addition to Molly and of course the dogs went nuts at the front door. Molly became the lion that her heart has always hidden. A said that Molly joined the fray at the door and made the "strangest howling/growling/barking that I've ever heard come from a dog". Molly was by- god protecting her people and I feel sorry for the poor slob that put their hands on S. The intruder fled and Molly stayed right by S's side the rest of the night. I am really glad they are okay.
Coincidence? Maybe or maybe those angels sent Molly knowing full well she would be needed one day. Either way, put your hands together for Miss Molly! She looks proud of herself doesnt she?

10 comments:

Carmen S. said...

What a precious angel she is, and YES, she does look rather proud, LOL! So glad she found a loving home!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this Christina. I too believe the angels whisper to S and they whisper to the animals as well. All of the animals that live with A and S are rescues. And yes there is a hamster and a guinea pig that live with them too. Can you believe A and S found that guinea pig left on a church doorstep in a plastic box with no cover. A & S had to take her immediately to the vet for severe sunburn on her ears. Each of the three dogs had evidence of an abusive background and each one came right up to S like she was their knight in shining armor. These kinds of animal/human connections are very special and mysterious. S is gifted and as you already noted is a joy to be around.

Rural Rambler said...

Good Girl Molly! What a story Christina. I am so happy Molly got a great home. She is a sweetie.

Lisa said...

Well that made me teary eyed! She does look proud, like, "I done good now rub my belly!"

Is S OK I hope?

Christina said...

They are both Ok Lisa!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Now that's a hero story! Molly isn't going to let anyone mess with the good home she's got now. Good for her.

Tracey said...

Molly is a cute girl! Loved the story...warmed my heart!

veganelder said...

Good for Molly and good to see her looking so happy.

Andrea said...

Wow, I didn't know!!!! How awful that they had an intruder! But, then again, with an "army" full of dedicated and loyal household pets, they can take on anybody!!! I'm very glad that everybody is okay, and I can attest to both A and S being real angels themselves!

Unknown said...

Another teary-eyed sap here to say, "Way to go Molly!" I just love hearing stories of love and loyalty between species. Molly looks like she might have a bit of Beagle in her, too? Those mixed-breeds are just the best, but "rescued" is my all time favorite. Thanks for sharing such a lovely story. Love your blog!