Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Didnt Mean To!

I'm sorry Mom!
What happened? What's the big deal?

Millie sucks at grooming. Its not her fault. She was bonded to Haven late in life and is quite clumsy and over zealous about kissing him. He loves it no matter what. She got a bit carried away and licked him raw around the eye. First we tried vasoline, Millie thought that was yummy, then we put on a dab of Haven's prescription Silvadene cream. She found that tasty too. This evening I put butt paste on it. Millie does NOT find that delicious and is leaving it alone for now. "sigh" .....these buns.





13 comments:

veganelder said...

Millie has good intentions, just less than optimal execution. :-) I hope his eye heals ok.

Christina said...

She does VE, she really does. His eye will heal just fine if I can keep Millie from going to that same spot :)

RG said...

Oh those wild women. I had one like that once - long ago!

Carmen S. said...

Butt paste, interesting:) I guess everybunn can't be an expert groomer, although I personally won't have this problem as my 2 *hate* each other, LOL!!!

Crafty Green Poet said...

oh what a shame! Hope Haven recovers well.

Rural Rambler said...

Butt paste. Whatever works :)

Lisa said...

What the heck is butt paste? Doesn't sound delicious.

Poor Millie. She just likes to take care of her man. My bunnies' favorite is to groom each others' eyes, and with Haven being tilty, she can only get to one, so there's no other side to switch to. It's not bothering Haven I hope?

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Grooming can be too much fun.

Christina said...

Butt Paste=Diaper Rash Ointment for babies.

Lisa-doesnt seem to be bothering him but we have to watch that. If she keeps doing it he could develope a sore spot.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Oh, poor Haven. I can understand how Millie could get carried away over that cute face, but really, Girl, give it wee a rest.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Aw, she loves him!

I think butt paste has cod liver oil in it. Ewww.

Friend of the Animals said...

Dang. Poor Haven. At least there is a good caregiver in the house!

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose there are worse things than over zealous love... poor little thing. I am glad they have each other- bunny bonding is a beautiful thing.