Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bostons, Babies, and Blizzards.

If you look carefully you can see some chickadees eating the food I put out for them.

Snow drift on the patio
Snow drifting up on the storm door. 8 degrees with a wind chill of -15. God, will winter never end? Global warming? More like an ice age.


My nephew and his new companion. Saturday night I was driving down the highway. The car in front of my clipped this little guy and of course kept going. I opened the car door and asked him if he was alright. He hopped right in. Jake had a fit when he saw him. Called mom and immediately started begging. They are keeping him for now. I located his "owner". He was not in a good situation and not really wanted back. The owner is "thinking" about letting Jake keep him. The guy wont be getting this little doll back. Ooops, sorry guy, he ran away. At least that is what I am going to say if he calls back. (Boston is quite safe at the nephews, will be neutered and got an all clear check up from the vet)








For those of you who asked about the babies. Their momma is the bunny we rescued a while back from the backyard of a lady who thought maybe rabbits laid eggs. We were desperately hoping she wasnt pregnant. She presented Heartland with 11 babies. 2 babes didnt make it. All others are healthy, safe and so is mom. The solid color kid is a bruiser compared to the rest and there is a little runt we are calling Peanut. They are some little toots.

11 comments:

Carmen S. said...

What in the world is wrong with people hitting innocent animals and not even stopping?!!! I LOVE those adorable bunnies, if I had room I'd take them, ALL of them, LOL!!!!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

LOL love JAkes new friend, they sure look perfect together. Those baby buns look like my Spots when they were little. One of the rescues next door had 6 babies in her litter box, I got to see them hours after, hairless pinkies....

Christina said...

You dont know the half of it Diana. Jake and the dog both snore and break wind exactly the same. A match made in????????? I cant say heaven.

Christina said...

We can arrange delivery services Carmen.......

Carolynn Anctil said...

A dognapping. Purrfect. We approve. *smile*

Those 'little toots' are absolutely adorable. Damn. I do love a furry tush. *grin*

Lisa said...

Boston was very lucky you were there. Was it fate? Is Jake going to be allowed to keep him? So sad how so many people really don't care about their pets at all. between the rescue and growing up with a best friend who was the daughter of vets, I've seen so many cases where sick, injured, next-to-death pets get dumped, "lost", and the owner turns up a few weeks later, after a safe amoutn of time knowing that their pet will already have gotten their treatment. My friend's parents always just tell those people their pet died. because they obviously don't deserve them. They don't even deserve the peace of mind to know that they're ok.

Rabbits lay eggs?? I guess she didn't learn the criteria of what defines a "mammal" in the 6th grade.

Tracey said...

I hope Jake gets to keep his new buddy!

veganelder said...

The dog being loose and running around and not neutered are telling indicators about the SFB (S**t For Brains) status of the "owner".

Stay warm and a big thank you to you on behalf of the chickadees and the dog.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

You are the best for saving that dog. I can't stand it how common these situations are!

Are you serious--a lady thought rabbits lay eggs?

Christina said...

Oh I dont know Deb. I think she was serious. She was very odd and seemed to live in lala land.

The little dog is just a doll. I was glad I was there before this blizzard rolled in.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

We'd like half a dozen please. :)
IF ONLY WE COULD!!!