Sunday, March 6, 2011

Addendum to Swerving for Turtles

My blog readers (who are smarter than me anyway)have advised me that I forgot a few kinds of turtle people.

4. People who stop and wait for the turtle to cross

5. People who stop and photograph the turtle

6. People who stop for injured turtles and take them to wildlife rehab

7. People who never notice the turtle to begin with

8. People who creep on turtles and spy on their romantic encounters (ahem, this is my favorite)

9. People who have turtles visit their patio, turtle demands a bite of bacon, poops all over patio and leaves until the next day.

Thank you blogging turtle people! Have a good sunday.

5 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Funny.

One time I was riding out in my field. There's a big pile of gravel by the fence. All of a sudden I heard a clunk. I looked over just in time to see a turtle tumbling down the pile. Another turtle was on top looking down. I realized they had been fighting and the one up top was the victor! The one down bottom was on his back now, his feet waving wildly in the air. I had to get off the horse and turn him right-side up. He was lucky I was there!

Andrea said...

Uhmmmm, who is the turtle voyeur, folks???? That is creepy ... ;-)

Christina said...

My lips will forever remain sealed Andrea!

Lisa said...

You have been sending some serious turtle emails, haven't you! I certainly didn't see the last two!! I want a turtle to visit my porch. I could buy him bacon, and clean up his poo!

Christina said...

People just like to confess to me Lisa. LOL

The bacon turtle was mine. He was an old kid that had a chunk taken out of his shell. Every single day one summer he came to visit. He would sit on the patio and eat a couple of pinches of raw bacon (yes, some turtles eat meat and fish) and visit a bit. He would leave his turtle poops all over the patio. I would just hose it off and get ready for the next day. LOL