Saturday, March 5, 2011

Swerving For Turtles

I have determined in my extensive life of travel, leisure and adventure, (okay I thought of this on the way home from work) that there are 3 kinds of people in this world.
1. The person who sees the turtle in the road and swerves to run over him.
2. The person who sees the turtle in the road and swerves to miss him.
3. The person who stops to move the turtle out of the road.


16 comments:

Rural Rambler said...

Christina I love your observation! I know which person you are!!!

Check your dang email will ya!

Tracey said...

I'm a #3....just like I'm sure you are!!
Have a great weekend :)
Tracey

Carolynn Anctil said...

That is one handsome turtle.

What about those of us who would snap pictures while he made his way across the road in his own sweet time? And, then blog about it. *grin*

Carmen S. said...

Your a #3, I just KNOW you are;)

Christina said...

Pix-I checked my email.....I dont have anything from you. Email me again please!

RG said...

I missed a dashing squirrel yesterday ... I think maybe we should just stop and wait for the crossing!

Christina said...

Thats a good idea RG but I am pretty sure that would start chain reaction multiple crashes.....I am in favor of waiting.

Crafty Green Poet said...

There's the fourth kind as well, those who wouldn't see the turtle...

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Of course I stop when I can and move the turtle to a save place. But I don't do that as much anymore because I read a story about a mother and daughter who stopped and someone hit the daughter and killed her.

Christina said...

Yep GP, the mother/daughter team stopped for a puppy I believe, the daughter jumped from the car without waiting for her mom and was hit and killed. A tragedy all the way around. You should always do it safely. I can imagine her mother's heart died that day.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I heard it was a turtle. Maybe it was another story. Doesn't matter, it was really hearbreaking and I always think of that now when I see animals in the road.

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

Turtle, puppy or kitty GP, you know how these stories change as they go around.

Lisa said...

Great point. Didn't you rescue a turtle/tortie yourself a few months ago?

Christina said...

Lisa-we live on a busy highway with water behind our property so I am always hauling turtles across the road. One of the Heartland volunteers recently found an injured turtle in the road and took him to our wildlife rescue here. The turtle survived. Our wildcare.org rehab place here in OK is OUTSTANDING.

Christina said...

That should read wildcareoklahoma.org

Yall should visit their site sometimes. They do amazing work.