
As you can tell by the "fraidy" look on his face, Dudley is my shyest little bun. He is bonded to my two girls, Mojo and Tango. Dudley is scared of everything and most everyone. He was purchased at a well known chain pet store that no longer sells bunnies (hooray) by the village idiot I used to work with. Said idiot, decided after a week that Dudley wasn't the kind of "pet" she wanted. Translation: he was going to require time and patience and was afraid of her 2 large rambunctious dogs. Duh! He was being returned to the pet store for a full refund. I met her in the parking lot and gave her the refund from my wallet. She thrust him into my arms and said something like "good luck with the stupid thing" Enough said about her.
Dudley has sweet and sorrowful blue eyes. He represents all the sorrow I sometimes feel in my heart for all the helpless and innocent creatures (humans included). He has been with me almost 2 years and still only occasionally lets me pet him. I have to trance him to trim his nails in order not to frighten him too badly. He is quite content sandwiched between his two ladies(literally, they outweigh him by 5 pounds each) and loves his human Grandma (my mom) more than anyone. He looks around with caution before leaving his playpen and only binkies in his sandbox. I hope my little sweetie is happy in his home. His favorite food is dried papaya and pineapple and he once pounced on the cat and bit him on the tail. It was the bravest thing he's ever done!
2 comments:
Christina,
My computer let me in this time! yeay! Sounds like the bravest thing Dudley has done in his former life is make the 'village idiot' disappointed in her impulse buy. His displeasure in her and her two dogs set him on a course for Christina's Oasis. What great fortune! For those of you who don't know Christina very well yet, she is extremely patient with any and all fur kids. Which is part of the reason that she's been so successful at bonding bunnies at the rabbit rescue. Whatever makes them happy is what she wants. They don't have to give her love or perform for her. She just wants them to be themselves and be happy.
Okay...that's it. I'm a goner. I'm a total sucker for bunnies like Dudley. The cat chomp made me laugh out loud though!
I'm still getting caught up on all your posts...I'm a bit behind. I love all your sweet little bunnies. How wonderful to have so many of them populating your home and your heart.
Post a Comment