Sunday, April 1, 2012

Where To Begin


It has been awhile folks. I am slowly trying to get caught up on all my favorite blogs.
Millie has been here two years this month. I cant believe how time has flown. My old girl doesn't hop anymore, she scoots. Not a problem for her. She is 9 this year and her back legs just don't work so well. Love you Millie Mouse.
Spending lots of time in the yard as you can tell by the new header. I dearly love seeing everything bud out. It was 92 here today. That is too hot for the first of April. I hope it isn't an indication of the kind of summer we will have.
Dudley had a lot of ups and downs. I didn't go into a lot of detail but he was really struggling for a while. The mass in his tummy was thanks to his eating his cat cube. I suspect tooth pain was the culprit. It took a couple of weeks to get it all out of his system. Cat cube is gone and he is still on antibiotics for the tooth infection. I think he is coming back but I am keeping a watchful eye on him. He lost weight through this ordeal and I want it back on him.
Mojo, Darla and Whoosh are doing great. Whoosh has really come out of his shell. I get a lot of thumps and tail flicks now and he actually comes for head rubs. Darla has been a good influence. She is the most loving bunny. I have never seen such a gentle nature in a bunny besides Haven. Mojo is no longer my sleek black bunny, she is getting a touch of gray in her fur. She is 5 this year.
As you all know our friend Lucky at http://houseofrabbits.blogspot.com/ crossed into the summerlands. My heart goes out to all of them.
I have turned on the comment moderator. My blog has been inundated with porn spam. No, I don't not watch porn and I have no idea where its coming from.
Quick warning for all the bunny bloggers. There is a person/group that strongly supports breeding and breeders rights. She is pretty nasty and has starting lurking on some of the bunny blogs. They accuse rescues of stealing rabbits and exaggerating homeless numbers. They think the Make Mine Chocolate campaign is a big joke. I am not going to go deeply into the topic but I want you all to be aware in case they show up on your blog. That is another reason I have the moderator now turned on. I do NOT want this blog turned into a battle ground. I can deal with that other places.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and a happy Easter. I have invited a couple of people to guest blog and I hope they take me up on it. I think you will enjoy hearing from them.
Want to remind everyone not to buy baby bunnies or chicks for Easter. Small kids and bunnies do not go well together. Make yours a chocolate or a stuffed bunny this Easter!

11 comments:

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love all your babies and so glad they have such a wonderful home with you. The flowers on your header are so pretty!
Have a fun week!

Carmen S. said...

That is such a shame that some folks have nothing better to do than to worry over the loss of a few dollars and try to pick arguments, How disgusting! I will ALWAYS be on the side of the good guys and that is the rescues and the ones who truly care more for animals lives than making a buck! Continuing to send thoughts and prayers to precious Dudley for a full recovery and plant a nice big smootch on Millie's adorable kisser for me;)

veganelder said...

Oh wow. I can still remember when Millie was at the warren and then she was gone...to her forever home. I'm regretful to hear she's having 'get-around' problems but am so happy she's where she is. Thank you for giving her a place to hang her doots. :-)

I still shake my head when I think of Darla and Whoosh. Astonishing.

Tell them all greetings and best wishes from me and congratulations to Millie and her 2nd anniversary!!

Thank you Christina!!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Nice to see Millie and read your post Christina. Sorry about the spam. Where does it come from? Boggles my befuddled mind. Happy Easter to you and yours. I will be hugging my stuffie Suds on Easter.

Christina said...

Thank you Shell. I am trying to tone the blog color down a bit. Work in progress.

Carmen I know you do. Its is nothing to worry about. Luckily the posts commented on were old posts and had to be moderated. I deleted them.

"A place to hang her doots" LOL I love that VE!

Pix I dont know where the porn spam is suddenly coming from. I have never seen it show up before.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

thanks for the cohesive update...yeah breeders...all I can say there's a job that doesn't require much in the way of qualifications....how hard is it to breed rabbits?

Carolynn Anctil said...

Ugh - I hate kamikaze attacks. They're cowards who strike in relative anonymity and go back to hide wherever they came from. They get no respect from me.

I'm glad to hear everyone in your bunny family is doing well. It's so distressing when one of our companions is struggling with their health. Our little Celine (senior cat) is having a hard time climbing her stairs to get on the bed now. She's so old and her legs are weak and arthritic. I encourage her to do it though because she needs the exercise (look who's talking...) and it will help to keep her mobile.

Christina said...

So very true Diana.

Carolynn coward is RIGHT. Much love to Celine. She and Mills know the troubles that come with getting older. You are so wonderful to adopt Celine....knowing all her health problems and her age and you adopted her anyway. We need more people like you!

bunnits said...

Glad to hear things are looking up.
Thanks for the breeder spam warning. It's too bad she/they feel it necessary to resort to that kind of behavior.

Beautiful flowers in your header photo.

Christina said...

Thank bunnits. I love the colors in the dahlias. Reminds me of sherbert. I am pretty sure I drew the fire of the breeder but I just wanted to warn just in case. I am hoping it was just a fluke. Blog is not the place for it.

Lisa said...

Happy (belated) bunniversary!