Monday, August 22, 2011

A Man and His Dog

The video is fuzzy so I do apologize. Nate says "I am not doing this for the camera" I dont care if he did or didnt. Listen close. The man is sobbing with relief that someone is going to take care of his only family...his dog of 14 years.







8 comments:

veganelder said...

"people first, animals second"

If you want one phrase describing what is cockeyed with human animals...there ya go.

Christina said...

So many people refused to leave their furry babies and some people left them tied up outside and hauled ass.

What struck me so much were the mothers that were handing off their kids to strangers who had seats on the bus. They wanted their children out of the hell hole no matter what.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Is it the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina? Are you from there Christina? Seems like you have a deeper affinity than most for what happened to all those people. Of course I know you have a big heart in general. I just finished reading all your posts down to this one. I remember watching it on the news when it happened and turning to Kurt and asking, "Why isn't this big news?" It was a quick little blip on the news. Took two days before people started screaming about it and then it was all over the news.

Christina said...

Debi,
My dads whole family is from LA. We are not from NOLA but I have friends that lived through that shit and my brother lived there for years. We put his ashes in Lake Ponchartrain and I dearly love that city.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

You relate to it like I relate to NYC because of 9-11.

Christina said...

Debi,
We went through the Murrah Building bombing here. I worked 5 blocks from there and that is always in my mind as is 9-11.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I visited that when I lived out there. Very heavy. It's just unbelievable what human beings do to each other.

Christina said...

"sigh" yes it is. Bombing a building is horrific....bombing a building with a daycare? An abomination.