Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Weapons Down"




Some people like him, some dont. Some say it was a show. I really doubt it nor do I care.The actual footage is copyrighted I guess by CNN because I cant access it. This interview shows a bit. Law enforcement and some guard members were contributing to a hostile environment and causing more stress and fear. (dont even get me started on the dirty cops in NOLA and some of the crimes against humanity they committed after Katrina, a lot of them have been charged) The city was tense and on the edge constantly.


By the way. Lt. Gen Honore is a Creole, not a "ragin cajun". I will never forget some of his words. "put your weapons down dammit, you are delivering food" , some of the hillbillies riding around with shotguns in truck beds didnt like him a bit. He was HOT when he got to a water and food distribution center and they werent handing things out because it might cause "chaos". I dont know what happened to that original video but listening to him eat their asses alive was music to my ears.


I liked him and still do. Somebody had to take charge of the mess and he was willing.





5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

I agree, someone had to take charge! I actually remember seeing some of that video footage there at the beginning, seems like yesterday!

Christina said...

It does to me too Carmen and sometimes it feels like I was watching a movie.

Honore....talks rough, so do I. That's why I like him.

veganelder said...

In general, just as when excitement in the nether regions occurs, people with weapons, more often than not, exhibit significantly reduced intelligence.

It is not by accident that the "friendly fire" casualty rate in armed conflicts is so high...not to make a pun. :-)

Christina said...

Yes you are so right. I am grateful to him for making those folks feel like they mattered and that they wouldnt be shot at like beer cans on a tree limb.

Carolynn Anctil said...

There's a quote I love that I think applies here: "Anyone can take the helm when the sea is calm."