You have to forgive the quality of the above picture. I took it with my cell phone and it does not take very good pics. The bees wait every morning for me to leave their watering hole. From what I have read they like their water a little funky and the rocks are islands for the ones that fall in the water. I gave them their own birdbath because the creek behind my house is dry. It hasnt been dry in 20 years.
I have always hated winter. Its a lonely time. Everything is sleeping and it reminds me of death. The death of my father and the death of my brother. Fall is my favorite time of year, I inhale the smells and it renews me but I carry a dread around with it.....winter will arrive shortly.
I like spring and summer too. Watching the flowers wake up, birds making their babies, the toads that come up on the patio and chow down on the bugs. This spring/summer has been miserable. We have been under a burn ban since June, temps over 100 every day for the last 2 months, no rain and no toads. Everything is the yard is drying up and the animals are struggling. People dying in the heat. Particularly the elderly. Nobody checks on them. It is a crime.
When Haven left, I lost my desire to blog and I am still struggling with it. In march Millie began dragging one of her back legs. We have been to 3 vets, had xrays, tried many different meds and nothing. She is getting around really well and doesnt seem to have any pain. I have to keep reminding myself that she is a bit older and had a history when she adopted me. It frustrates me though. We can get to the moon but they cant fix my girl's leg.
I have been spending far too much time on Facebook. It is the one place I can let it all fly. I wont ever pollute my blog with politics but I can let it rip on FB and have been enjoying it but I must leave it alone for a bit. Its been addicting.
If you noticed I removed a post....its because my blog was "out ted" at work. It doesnt belong there. My co-workers S and T are aware that I was blogging about them but I wasnt comfortable with the nest of vipers having access to my blog. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do. I have been visiting my favorite blogs though, that wont change.
Its coming up on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. It is something I struggle with every year. I want to blog about it but can never find the words. It is the time that I lost my faith in this country and my belief in god. (and while I appreciate the effort please dont try and convince me otherwise, I am on a journey now) It hurts me and what hurts me more are the callous and flippant remarks I still see and hear about it. "sigh" I am tied to that city in a way I cant describe and I love it and hate it at turns.
I have been able to catch up on my reading this summer. Books are food to me and I lost interest in them for a while. I am getting back to it slowly. Less time on the net and more time reading is what I need. (along with a new camera)
My blog was never meant to be just about bunnies. I find that some folks dont come around when it isnt about bunnies. I am okay with that. The bunnies represent the best parts of my life so I completely get it. But there is good and bad and I will write about the bad when it strikes me. There are 2 bunnies that I want to tell you about and will soon. There are a couple of you that have already met them on FB. (by the way, my blog will never be linked to FB, it is my safe haven and dont want it there)
So we press on. This post is dedicated to the women and babies of Somalia. My heart is with them daily. They are not just an image on the news. They are tied to the same earth and life and death cycle that I am.

13 comments:
Oh Christina, we are alike in so many ways!!! I always stop by weather you write about bunnies or from your heart like today:) I too keep my FB and blog totally separate except I do link my selling blog to FB for sales. I get severely depressed in the winter, yes it is like death, cold and dark and unresponding.... I hope something will come up to help Millie's leg, but good that she is getting around and not painful (((HUGS)))
Carmen.....unresponding....I like that very much.
Wow, there's a lot going on for you. I'm sorry to hear about Millie. Knowing you, you won't rest until you'll get to the bottom of it.
You are on a journey. You'll sort it out and feel better eventually. If it helps to vent a little steam here or on FB, then go ahead and do it. Sometimes that's what it takes to unearth the good stuff laying buried underneath all the crap.
As for God, He can take your being pissed at Him. From what I know about Him, he like authenticity.
Hang in there.
Carolynn
Ah I thank you Carolynn, I truly do but I am not pissed at him. I am horrified by the thought of him.
Sending you light, love and happy thoughts. You have lots on your shoulders my friend. Sometimes we all get lost in our heads. It's ok as long as we don't lose ourselves there forever. I enjoy blogs for the people who write them as well as their bunnies. ;)
xx, shell
Thanks Michelle!
We agree on Autumn, except I don't experience dread with its presence. Winter is like the relief time before the lushness of spring...sort of a clearing of the visual palate (there are those who denigrate my taste...but ignore them). And by far the most desolate stretch of weather in my life has been this past two months of awfulness...I've never seen something like it was and should this lurch into being the 'new normal'...woe is Oklahoma. I shall now embrace cold in a way I have never done before.
Books...hmmm...a wonderful way to get into the thoughts and feelings of someone else with few demands on ones self. Excellent.
Hey Christina! I'm not on FB, but would love to hear the 'other' side of ya. This journey we are all on is one of SELF discovery...
Sending out some cowboy mojo your way. :)
Thanks Brian....I could use the Mojo!
Christina, I am so, so sorry for everything you're going through. That photo is terrifying, especially considering that it only dried out this summer. Do they know what's wrong with Millie's leg, and just not how to treat it, or do they not even know why it's happening?
If you wouldn't mind too much, I would like you to email me your last name so that I can find you on facebook. I care about everything you don't want to write here.
Sending you love and well wishes.
Will do Lisa and Thanks!
Christina I could have written some of your post. I am on a journey too. Right now it is full of hills and valleys. Nothing earthshaking, but enough to shake up my little world. I am 60 next month and I am tired and weary of people that only think of themselves, mostly the ones I deal with CH's family. Ugh. Just not in the best place right now and my desire to blog is shot too. I hope Millie is good/better. I know she is loved and taken care of with you watching over her :) I have never had the desire to do FB. I can barely keep up with the people I care about in blogging and sometimes feel totally overwhelmed by my emotions about their situations. Happen to you?
Pix that "people that only of themselves" drives me absolutely nuts. It really does. That is the reason our world just stinks most of the time.
When I first signed up with facebook, I never went on. It just didnt appeal to me. It is a good for the rescue, gets a little more exposure that way and to help get the word out. Then I started finding like-minded people and started enjoying it more, then I found the trolls and now....not so much. I have met a couple of really interesting people.
Other people's situations overwhelm my feelings? I have to think about that one for a while before I could answer.
10 year markings of time always get to me.
Post a Comment